Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I didn't marry Prince Charming...



So as little girls we are taught and shown that all princesses marry prince charming and he comes in riding on a white horse to save the day...but I've realized today after going to a MOPS class that I didn't marry Prince Charming...so you might ask why? isn't that speaking bad of your hubby? etc...as a matter of fact, it isn't...just because I didn't marry the fictional man that Disney has created all princesses to marry doesn't mean that I didn't marry the best for me in a way, my personal, made just for Toney man of God, my Prince Charming...

My Prince Charming is nothing like yours and that's okay (we probably wouldn't do good married to each other anyway)...my Prince Charming isn't perfect, he makes mistakes, but he fits me, he knows how to make me laugh, he knows me for me and doesn't care about the rest...there is probably no other man on this planet that could put up with me and there is probably not other woman on this planet that could put up with him...

So realize that you can't change him, just like he can't change you...but that's okay. Your job as a wife is give 100% to him and let God do the rest...

So maybe I didn't marry the fairy story Prince Charming and most likely mine won't come riding in a white horse (it would be kinda humorous if he did)...but I did marry MY Prince Charming and that's my happy ever after!!!


photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/44657369@N07/14022214235">Prince Kiss</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/">(license)</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment