Monday, October 19, 2015

How I coupon...



Good afternoon Friends!

So I've recently been asked....

How do I coupon?

First, let me start by saying that I only coupon what my family needs and not just what I can get for free or cheap, I enjoy couponing to be able to save my family money and get the products that we need on a daily basis...I don't really have a HUGE stockpile, although my hubby has said NO MORE BODY WASH...but you know, I want to be prepared....

So, here's how I do it...I get the coupons that come in the mail (ours come on Tuesdays) and I also pick up coupons from a lovely lady who saves them from the Sunday paper....I also try to get the local major newspaper (ours is the Charlotte Observer) on Sundays...After I get my coupon books (Smart Saver (SS) and Redplum (RP), I organized my coupons...

You can save your coupons 2 different ways (I've done both and right now, I'm doing it the second way)

 1. Save your SS and RP in a folder and only cut the coupons when you need them....I did this for a while, you can keep a file folder for each month, SS And RP have dates on the binding of these books, so that helps GREATLY!
2. Cut the coupons that you NEED to use and put them in a 3 ring binder that is organized with file dividers

Once I've cut my coupons and organized them and thrown away any coupons that are expired, I go to www.southernsavers.com (this website shows on the southern grocery stores, department stores and drug stores...I live in NC) I look through all the stores that I have locally...Southern Savers does an amazing job at organizing what you can get...I don't have a printer working, so I can't print coupons right now (if you do have a printer, you can click on the link that Southern Savers provides and print 2 coupons per item per computer)...then I make my list, get all the coupons I need, check my budget and head to the store....

It can be a LONG process, but it's totally worth it, because it saves us money and we get good products for our home and family...any questions, please ask...I think that pretty much sums it up...




No comments:

Post a Comment