Thursday, August 7, 2014

Caught up...

I was thinking...when God had me name this blog "My Own Little Miracle"...I never knew the path that it would take me to show others that God still moves, miracles still happen and God's still got it!...so please read and see the miracles through out...

So much as happened since my last post...let me tell you...

First, our nephew's surgery went well and he is doing wonderful! Praise God!!

One the way home from Florida and his surgery...let me give you a little back story...our little man was teething and had been fighting a fever for a few days...nothing  big because his fever wasn't very high and I knew he was teething...so we decided to head out from Ft. Myers, Fl toward home...We left about 4pm and at about 715pm...I feed him (I'm breastfeeding him)...at about 8pm he got really fussy...so we pulled over at the gas station to check on him (we were in the middle of nowhere Florida)...so I had been taking him temperature periodically (every couple hours for days) so I took his temp like normally and it was 103.8...so then our cell phones won't work and we have no idea where we are and who knows where the closest ER is...it just so happens that a man pulls up (coincidence right...I think not)..his cell phone works and we find the closest ER is 30 minutes away...I just also state that at this point...little man is trying to fall asleep on me...going limp...VERY SCARY! So my hubby...books it...I mean we were flying...70 in a 35 trying to get to this hospital...we rush in and they take his temp and it's 104.8...they basically took our name and that was in...nurses and doctors started rushing in...xray was done, IV was given, more meds...3 hours later...our little man was good to go...by this time, it's 11pm! (Oh, I forgot to say that we still had like 3 hours to our hotel...so 4am we finally made it there)...

This was my Facebook post that night (sums it all up)...

So thankful that our little man is on his way to feeling better.....Thank you for mommy/daddy intuition, Godly wisdom, the stranger who helped, quick driving, prayers and a wonderful group of doctors and nurses to take care of Brother....temp of 104.7 is scary and definitely dont want to go though that again..from this to this...
From this...


To This (This was taken right before we left the hospital):



We got home safely...Praise God!!!

The following week...my grandpap went home to be with Jesus, my baby sister had a baby (baby was in the NICU for a week and my sister got put back in the hospital for a few days)...another family friend went home to be with Jesus...my best friend has to go to the ER and ended up have emergency surgery and was in the hospital for almost a week (this all happened in a 5 day span)...

So to say the least...I'm tired of hospitals and funerals...so that's been the craziness and I'm sure I'm missing something...but to God be all the glory!! He brought us through it all...I don't know the meaning of it all...maybe never will...but all we got to do is trust HIM that He knows...as I'm ending this post...I thought I would end with a lovely picture of my grandpap and little princess...missing him greatly! He was such a wonderful man, a lifesaver for my Nanny...such an encouragement to everyone he met, loved my babies incredibly and lived a life that I hope we can carry on his legacy in his generosity, caring and overall love of life and family. We miss you and love you grandpap and know that you are probably playing a few rounds of golf with the King and cheering us on every moment of everyday!





No comments:

Post a Comment