Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Looking back...



So guess what tomorrow is...MY BIRTHDAY! YAY!!

Tonight, as I was putting our sweet girl to bed...I sat there thinking, "Tomorrow is my birthday..what have I accomplished and have learned about myself over these 28 years..."

Here is what I came up with...
  • I love Jesus (thank you Mom and Dad for bringing me up in a Godly home) 
  •  I'm here. I made it...being born at 24 weeks, weighting only 1 lb, 3 ounces...(thanks Mom..love u)
  •  I was valedictorian of my high school class(the class was only 4...shh!)
  •  I joined the USAF. (where I met my hubby)
  • I've been married to an amazing man (for almost 9 years...OH MY GOODNESS)
  • I have two wonderful children.(They are just so incredible)
  • My mom is one of my best friends. (and confidant)
  • My dad is my hero. (and first love)
  • The things that you might not like about yourself, you learn to love (because God gives your children those qualities whether in their appearance or atttitude)
  • I procrastinate (all the time)
  • I love to read (I can literally read many many books at 1 time...it amazes my hubby)
  • I doodle (on everything...I think I get that from my mom...thanks Mom)
  • I have insecurities (working to overcome them)
  • I am enough (even on days when nothing gets done)
  • I am loved (thank you to mom, dad, my hubby and children for teaching this)
  • I can give myself some grace (a little grace goes a LONG way)
I'm sure there is more...but that's what I've come up with so far.


Most importantly...I am ME and that's okay.


photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/frozen-in-time/2263904827/">A30_Tsitika</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/">cc</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment