Saturday, May 31, 2014

Can I have a temper tantrum too???

So as a mommy...I'm sure you have felt like having a temper tantrum too (or am I the only one)...

Yesterday, we went to eat and there was a play ground at the restaurant...I told our little princess that she could play but when I told her it was time to go...no arguing or asking for more time...of course, she said, "I won't Mommy."...well...let's move ahead about 20 minutes...I tell her 5 minutes until time to go...well, I ended up letting her play longer...when it was time to leave, the "let me play 5 more minutes, I haven't played yet, No I don't want to leave" started...so trying to stay calm...after a shoe was thrown at me...the dreaded phone call was made to daddy....(I was at my whit's end...normally I would take her to the bathroom, but I was by myself with little man and all of our stuff)...oh yeah, right about this time, I look up and see an acquaintance staring at me and I just smiled and waved...so after this temper tantrum (lasted about 15 minutes)...we made it out to the car with tears still coming down...but you know what I MADE it to the car with no temper tantrum myself...maybe I should just have one myself one day and see what she would do and other people around me...so am I the only one that wanted to just "LET IT GO" one day and see what others do?? By the way, she did have to go to her room when she got home and ended up taking a nap...

Please tell me that I'm not the only one...I wanted to tell this story in hopes that you will see that you are not alone and if you see a fellow mommy or daddy going through this, please don't stare (it's doesn't help)...probably don't step in either (because that doesn't help either)...just pray for them at the moment and encourage them (if the time is right) once the "moment or meltdown" is over...remember, you are NOT alone...the time will pass and be consistent and stand your ground...your child or children will thank you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment